No mês passado surgiu uma nova revista dedicada ao estudo laboratorial do património cultural. Chama-se Heritage Science, é em formato digital, tem acesso livre e os artigos, sem periodicidade, vão saindo isoladamente, apenas agrupados por ano.
Até ao momento, além do editorial, já saíram 13 artigos. Estão aqui.
Os assuntos que se enquadram no âmbito da revista são os seguintes:
- Understanding of the manufacturing processes, provenances, and environmental contexts of material types, objects, and buildings, of cultural significance including their historical significance.
- Understanding and prediction of physico-chemical and biological degradation processes of cultural artefacts, including climate change, and predictive heritage studies.
- Development and application of analytical and imaging methods or equipments for non-invasive, non-destructive or portable analysis of artwork and objects of cultural significance to identify component materials, degradation products and deterioration markers.
- Development and application of invasive and destructive methods for understanding the provenance of objects of cultural significance.
- Development and critical assessment of treatment materials and methods for artwork and objects of cultural significance.
- Development and application of statistical methods and algorithms for data analysis to further understanding of culturally significant objects.
- Publication of reference and corpus datasets as supplementary information to the statistical and analytical studies above.
- Description of novel technologies that can assist in the understanding of cultural heritage.