Acabou de ser colocada online a seguinte tese de doutoramento, defendida precisamente hoje:
Jørgen Wadum, Technical Art History: Painters' supports and studio practices of Rembrandt, Dou and Vermeer, Universiteit van Amsterdam, 2009.
Está livremente disponível aqui.
- Introduction : discoursing artworks : the multiple faces of conservation documentation
- Part I. Supports and their making, meaning and protection
- The winter room at
: a unique survival of Rosenborg Castle mass-production Antwerp
brand on paintings on panels Antwerp
- Historical overview of panel-making techniques in the northern countries
- Microclimate boxes for panel paintings
- Peeter Stas : an
coppersmith and his marks Antwerp
copper plates Antwerp
- Part II. Studio practices of Vermeer, Rembrandt and Dou
- Dou doesn't paint, oh no, he juggles with his brush : Gerrit Dou, a Rembrandtesque 'fijnschilder'
- Rembrandt under the skin : the Mauritshuis portrait of Rembrandt with gorget in retrospect
- Vermeer in perspective
- Contours of Vermeer